LED stands for “light emitting diode,” and bulbs utilizing this technology use substantially less energy and produce very little heat, but very bright light. They also last up to 50 times longer than traditional incandescent bulbs and up to 25 times longer than compact fluorescent light bulbs (CFLs).
If you want to enjoy these benefits but you’re not familiar with this innovative type of bulb, then here are twenty home LED lighting tips that will help you get the most out of your light fixtures.
How to Best Use LED Lights in the Home
- Use bright white or daylight LED bulbs in your kitchen and you’ll enjoy a brighter space for food preparation.
- Use warm or soft white LED bulbs in your living spaces, like your living room and bedrooms, for a warmer, less harsh, and more inviting light.
- Use LED lights to showcase wall art because they don’t produce heat, which could otherwise damage the art.
- If you’re using LED light bulbs in pendant fixtures, keep the pendants at least 30 to 36 inches above the countertops and tables.
- For reading at night, use an LED light bulb of 50 watts for optimum reading comfort.
- LED lights in your office should be of equal brightness to your computer screen in order to help prevent eye fatigue.
- For bathroom sconces near a mirror, use LED light bulbs of no more than 25 watts.
- Use colored LED light tape to create unique lighting applications anywhere in the home.
- Install decorative LED lighting behind an entertainment center or bedroom headboard for ambiance and an interesting look.
- Use LED light strips in recessed areas behind the television to help reduce screen glare from lamps in the room.
- Lamps that are used when reading should have cool white LEDs that are dimmable.
- Use LED puck lights in cabinets, closets, and drawers to lend light where you need it.
- Use LED tape lights for under cabinet lighting in the kitchen for optimum countertop lighting.
- Combining LED strip lights and recessed lighting will help draw the attention to specific areas of your closet.
- Install LED strip lights in your pantry so you can see everything clearly inside.
- Place LED lights behind couches or other seating areas to bring attention to your living room.
- If you’re using LED lights for accent lighting, such as to highlight a piece of art, then they should be three times brighter than the room’s normal lighting.
- Use an LED floodlight outside your home for a safer and brighter security light.
- Solar LED landscaping lights offer an eco-friendly way to add light around your home and throughout your garden.
- Replace hot incandescent bulbs with cool LEDs when the fixtures are near upholstered seats for greater safety.
Want to Improve Your Lighting Control in Wilmington NC? Call AcoustiCreations Today!
AcoustiCreations is Wilmington’s leading designer and installer of custom A/V, home automation, and lighting control applications. We can create a customized lighting solution for anything sized installation, from one room to your entire home.
If you want to learn more about the ways LED lighting can benefit your home or if you would like to receive an estimate, call AcoustiCreations at 910-371-2038. For state-of-the-art lighting control in Wilmington NC, give us a call today. All of our services are fully backed by our unbeatable customer service!